Focal Trio11 Be – The Loudspeaker Dedicated to Nearfield and Midfield
As well as new speaker drivers (a 5” midrange and a 10” subwoofer) with high efficiency and power handling, the Trio11 Be monitor enjoys all of Focal’s very latest technologies when it comes to acoustics and electronics: TMD and NIC technologies; optimised vents that promote dynamic control and perfect bass definition; high excursion, enabling even more linearity of the subwoofer…
Thanks to its class G amplification, Trio11 Be delivers a high SPL (118dB at 1m) and offers a great versatility of use and installation configurations in nearfield AND midfield applications. A key asset, always coming along with an extremely precise sound reproduction and stereo image.
With an extended bandwidth (30 Hz-40 kHz), this loudspeaker is also composed of a 3-way monitor and a 2-way monitor, just like Trio6 Be, which lets you check the mix transfer sound quality thanks to FOCUS mode.
With Trio11 Be, power and versatility are waiting for you!
Feel the difference!
Neve AMS at Awave
With a reputation for creating the world’s sweetest sounding and longest-lasting analogue and digital consoles, the most discerning artists, producers and facility
owners regard our products as number one for desirability on their equipment list,
and have done for the past fifty years.
AMS Neve is a dedicated, engineering-led and privately owned Company whose continuing mission is to provide the best possible sound, capability and operational
experience for the most creative people in the world – whether it be for film,
recorded music, or TV and broadcast.
All of our products are designed and built in England in our purpose built,
integrated facility. Close supervision of the entire process by the
product designers ensures the finest performance possible.
Recognised by all the premier bodies in the various fields of music, TV and film, the products and their designers have been honoured by two Scientific and Engineering Academy® Awards, an Emmy™ and a Grammy™ amongst many others. We have
pioneered a very large number of the ground-breaking techniques in the industry
including hard disk editing, digital console technology, digital audio for film, microprocessor controlled effects units and standards such as MADI.
In the transient world of short product life cycles, AMS Neve’s products stand the
test of time. In addition to being designed and built to last, our long-standing policy
of offering continuing upgrades to take advantage of the latest technology and
techniques on many products means obsolescence is minimised. The value in your
AMS Neve equipment remains long after the alternatives are in landfill. A large
proportion of all the products we have ever made are still in daily use and many
have achieved iconic, dearly loved and valuable status.
A sound investment indeed.
Introducing The Slate Digital VRS8 Thunderbolt Interface
The result of nearly three years of development, the new VRS8 Virtual Analog interface unifies Slate Digital’s software and hardware into a robust audio ecosystem called The Virtual Recording Studio. We used a “no compromise” design approach, resulting in a fantastic-sounding eight channel audio interface that leads the industry when it comes to components, specs, price and performance.
EIGHT ULTRA LINEAR PREAMPS
The start of any signal chain is extremely important, which is why the VRS8 features EIGHT high bandwidth Ultra Linear microphone preamps. These are the same ‘blank canvas’ design as the VMS-One preamp from our award-winning Virtual Microphone System, enabling you to use our modeling software to recreate the authentic sound of famous microphones and preamps. Each preamp has its own high-quality metal knob, so you can easily set levels like a regular analog preamp – instead of using single logic controller knobs and menus, as some of our competitors have chosen to do.
INDUSTRY BEST CONVERTERS
The next step in the signal chain is the converter itself. Instead of using budget components, the VRS8 offers mastering-quality conversion by incorporating the newest AKM AK5578 converter chips – offering a whopping industry-best 124db of dynamic range on all 8 inputs!
HIGH QUALITY COMPONENTS
The sound of an audio interface relies on much more than the converter chip itself – all of the components in the audio circuit have a direct result on the audio quality. Keeping to our “no compromise” design aesthetic, the VRS8 utilizes high-quality WIMA capacitors for the entire audio path.
LOW LATENCY NATIVE
Part of the goal behind creating the Virtual Recording Studio was to provide a near-realtime experience when using our analog modeled plugins while tracking. In order to achieve that goal, we created a new technology called LLN, which stands for “Low Latency Native”. LLN utilizes a custom hard-wired converter chipset, which reduces managed components in the audio path and allows an incredible .7 milliseconds of latency at 96K (with a 32 sample buffer). This latency spec allows you to monitor through mic and preamp emulations while tracking, giving you the ability to hear your audio in context while still allowing you to change your mind later.
XTC AUDIO CLOCK
The audio clock is the heart of any recording interface, which is why it was important that the VRS8 had a killer clocking system onboard. We use satellite-grade XTC clocking technology, utilizing four temperature-compensated crystal oscillators for ultra-stable audio performance, keeping your audio jitter and distortion free.
DISCRETE HEADPHONE AMPLIFIERS
Most engineers listen to music on headphones when working in the studio, but headphone amplifiers are the first place that manufacturers usually look to cut costs when building an interface. Instead of using typical designs that cost mere pennies, we use discrete amplifiers to ensure that your headphones sound robust and clear for all of your monitoring tasks. Not only that, we also added in two separate monitor mixes and the ability to use the VRS8 as a speaker switcher.
CROSS PLATFORM LOW LATENCY PERFORMANCE
The world of audio interfaces is rarely cross-platform when it comes to performance, meaning that Mac devices (using Thunderbolt) usually far outperform PC interfaces (using USB). While USB can be effective for two-channel designs, it requires more CPU overhead to manage, resulting in higher CPU usage and latency versus Thunderbolt – and the problem just gets worse as you add more channels. Unlike any other interface on the market, the VRS8 offers both Thunderbolt and PCIe connectivity for maximum cross-platform compatibility. The PCIe performance is the same as Thunderbolt. You can also link up to 6 VRS8’s via Thunderbolt to achieve 48 inputs and outputs.
NATIVE MIDI IO
Our “no compromise” design goal extended well into areas that other manufacturers simply ignore, which is evidenced by the VRS8’s native MIDI IO. Unlike USB MIDI interfaces (where MIDI information has to fight with your mouse, keyboard, and other USB traffic) MIDI IO on the VRS8 never touches the USB bus. You can count on hyper-accurate MIDI timing, and stuck sustain pedals when tracking keyboards and synths should become a thing of the past.
EVERYTHING BUNDLE – FREE FOR ONE YEAR!
The Slate Digital Virtual Recording Studio Ships With A Year License Of The Everything Bundle. The Everything Bundle includes all of the award-winning Slate plugins, worth thousands of dollars. Using the VRS8 and VMS Microphones, you’ll be able to track through world-class microphones, preamps, equalizers, and more in real time.
THE VRS EXPERIENCE
Now you can experience the Slate Virtual Recording Studio including all of our microphone models. Click below to go to the VRS Experience page where you can download all the Slate plugins including demos of our VMS microphone plugins, as well as a multitrack session recorded with VMS mics through our VRS8 interface. When you download the plugins and the session, you can load up a track, and experiment with different world-class virtual microphones from the mic locker. Hear the vintage FET47F, 414, and ribbon 121. Try the vocals through the vintage tube 67s, 251, 47s and more.
Latitude Financial Interest Free Now Available at Awave
From 6 to 36 month interest free terms available.
Click here to apply:
Awave Mix It with FOCAL SM9 Trade In Deal (Limited Time Only)
Get a pair of amazing Focal SM9 Studio Monitors for $5999.00, when you trade ANY eligible model from brands including ADAM, DYN-AUDIO, KRK, EVENT, GENELEC, EVE, BAREFOOT, QUESTED, FOCAL, MACKIE, PMC, UNITY AUDIO, YAMAHA.*
These professional studio monitors normally retail for $12,398 A PAIR!
Call Awave on 03 9813 1833 or email email@example.com to organise you trade in deal today, before stock runs out.
*All monitors traded must be in pairs. Subject to full working & cosmetic condition – offer is limited while stocks last
Limited Audient Trade-In Offer
Trade up your mixing console for an analog masterpiece Audient 4816 for just $13,999.
Contact us for more information.
Undertone Audio In Stock at Awave
There are a few limitations of the original Fairchild that we set out to address. First, we have made careful adjustments to the circuitry that greatly improve the lifespan and reliability of the tubes. Additionally, we’ve added a whole host of exciting new features that have never before been available on a Fairchild. The UnFairchild sports 6 original preset Time Constants and 4 variable Time Constants (attack and release), MS function, side chain processing, a true bypass, fine adjustment of left/right balance, user adjustable “DC Threshold”, and “Feed-Back” vs. “Feed-Forward” functionality. With the UnFairchild, we’ve made this extraordinary circuit flexible enough to handle pretty much every compression task on any style of music.
Checkout the Unfarichild 670M II and more below.
IN THE SPOTLIGHT: BAE Audio
Based in Southern California, BAE build hand-wired transformer-balanced outboard recording gear faithful to classic English and American designs.
We stock all BAE Audio’s extensive product range here at Awave which you can view here:
Manley Debuts Reference Cardioid XXX Anniversary Limited Edition Microphone
Limited run of 100 classic Reference Cardioid tube microphones offered in a custom pearlescent white finish with red accents.
In continuing the celebration of the company’s 30th Anniversary, Manley Laboratories announces a limited run of the classic Reference Cardioid tube microphone in a custom pearlescent white finish with red accents, dubbed the “Reference Cardioid XXX Anniversary Limited Edition.”
The Reference Cardioid tube vocal mic has been heard everywhere from Don LaFontaine’s famous movie trailers to classic singers like Etta James to chart-topping hits from artists like Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Panic! at the Disco and Avril Lavigne since its introduction in 1990.
This XXX Anniversary Edition Reference Cardioid microphone production will feature the MANLEY POWER switch-mode power supply, currently used in the Manley Reference Silver microphone. Based on the same technologies already proven in the Manley CORE, FORCE, ELOP+, and Nu Mu processors, this new PSU is “empirically quieter” than the microphone’s original linear PSU. According to Manley Labs, “Sonically, we hear faster highs, generally more clarity, and ‘blacker blacks’ in the silence.” The new power supply is also universal, allowing it to work anywhere in the world without a voltage changeover switch or power transformer rewiring.
The Reference Cardioid XXX microphone is limited to 100 pieces worldwide and begins shipping end of October.
Sequential Prophet X/XL Add-On 7 The Prodigy
- Deep-Sampled Custom Patches Using The MOOG Prodigy
- 20 Custom Instruments
- 16 Programs featuring A/B Modes (32 preset layers)
- 837 Samples
- Raw Oscillators (ex. Sawtooth, Triangle, Pulse etc)
- 0.5 GB Download Uncompressed
- Product only available as Direct Download
- Prophet X or XL Hardware Synth Required
- The Prophet X or XL must be running OS (v2.1) or higher. The latest Operating System can be found HERE
- ** Not compatible with Kontakt
Sequential Prophet X/XL Add-On 7 The Prodigy overview
The Prodigy’s simple yet effective design contains two voltage-controlled oscillators. Allowing you to select a saw, triangle or pulse wave shape on oscillator 1, and saw, triangle, and square wave shape on oscillator 2. All perfectly captured and available in this unique Add-On Pack. One of the more popular sounds generated by the Prodigy comes from the ability to sync one oscillator with the other, creating its signature tone. Artists like Depeche Mode, Fatboy Slim, Blur, and of course, The Prodigy (band) all used this iconic instrument within their productions.
The Prodigy is capable of creating a full range of sounds, from a soaring lead in the upper registers to ground trembling bass down low. The LFO in the Prodigy also featured a triangle and square waveform which could be routed to the VCO or VCF to create classic vibrato and filter effects. All this and more can be reproduced within the Prophet X/XL with all the available advanced routings and modulators. The Prodigy is most known for its beautifully warm and thick low end and was designed to be an excellent fit for Sound Designers of all skill levels.
The Prodigy had just enough features to allow musicians to create an enormous assortment of sounds with ease. Now 40 years later, you can combine the iconic sounds of the classic Prodigy with the latest features of your Prophet X or Prophet XL, including true polyphony. Expect thick basses, techno style leads, synthetic brass, and an assortment of lush pad-like textures that perfectly captures the sound of generations now passed.
Stay tuned for more exclusive Prophet X & XL add-ons coming soon. We hope you enjoy this authentic vintage experience on your Prophet X & XL.
*MOOG (Prodigy)® is a registered trademark of MOOG Music Incorporated.
Roland Fantom 8 In Stock at Awave!
Inspired and Inspiring 88-Key Workstation
- Made of tough metal with high-grade components throughout
- FANTOM has plenty of knobs and sliders for intuitive and immediate control
- FANTOM has two LFOs per partial, four partials per tone—and since you can stack 16 tones, that’s a staggering 128 LFOs per voice
- So much more!
|Gross Shipping Weight – Volumetric (kgs)||25.0000|
|Number Of Keys||88|
|Key Type||Semi- weighted|
|Pedal Input (Type)||1 x 1/4″ (expression), 3 x 1/4″ (control)|
|Analog Inputs||2 x XLR-1/4″ combo|
|Analog Outputs||2 x XLR (main), 2 x 1/4″ (R/L main), 4 x 1/4″ (R/L subs), 2 x 1/4″ (filtered)|
|Headphone Outputs||1 x 1/4″|
New Korg NTS-1
The NTS-1 is a unique DIY synthesizer that you assemble yourself!
Korg’s NTS-1 packs a powerful synth and multi-effects engine into a compact form factor.
The NTS-1 is completely compatible with the logue-SDK, so it is possible to run any custom oscillator and effect available for the Minilogue xd and Prologue or create your own!
- Ribbon keyboard
- Oscillator with various waveforms
- Effects processor
- Arpegiator with multiple patterns
- Audio input
- MIDI IN / USB MIDI IN
- Battery and USB bus powered
Pre-Order: UDO Audio Super 6 Analogue Synthesizer
- Two Wavetable FPGA-based Direct Digital Synthesiser Oscillators per voice.
- DDS1 (Direct Digital Synthesizer)
- FPGA Based Super-Wavetable Oscillator Core sampled at 40MHz with Centroid-Oscillator and 6 sister oscillators dynamically detuned & de-phased in the stereo field
- Sine, Sawtooth, Squarewave, Triangle, Noise
- 16 Wavetables that can be user-defined
- Range adjustable from 2’ to 64’
- FPGA Based Wavetable Oscillator Core sampled at 40MHz
- Sinewave, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, Noise and Pulse Waveforms
- Hard-Sync to DDS1
- Crossfade with DDS1 with adjustable split-point on the keyboard
- LFO Mode
- Sub-Oscillator Mode Active when in LFO Mode
- Variable Pulse Width and PWM
- Adjusts Mix-Level of DDS1 and DDS2 Audio Paths
- When in Oscillator X-Fade mode, adjusts Split-Point on Keyboard
Voltage Controlled Filter
- Analogue 4 Pole Low-Pass Self-Resonant Filter
- Two Levels of Overdrive
- High-Pass Filter with Fixed Frequency or Linked to Low Pass Filter for BandPass response
- Selectable Keyboard Tracking with Filter Autotune For Accurate Keyboard Tracking
- Modulation by ENV1 &/or ENV2, LFO1 and DDS2
Voltage Controlled Amplifier
- Analogue VCA with Selectable Fixed or Variable Envelope (ENV2)
- Dynamics Control For Velocity Sensitivity
- Modulation By LFO1
- LFO and Envelope Control of DDS1 & DDS2 Pitch
- Selectable ½ Super or Full Super Mode for DDS1
- Variable Detune Control For Super Waves and Variable Pulse Width control for selected Standard Waves
- LFO and or ENV1 can modulate the depth of Detune for the Super-Waves and the Pulse Width for the standard waves
- DDS2 to DDS1 Cross Modulation for Deep FM Sounds
- ENV1 Invertible Hold-Attack-Decay-Sustain-Release, Multiple Destinations
- Looping Mode Selectable Keyboard-Tracking for LFO and FM Duties
- ENV2 Attack-Decay-Sustain-Release, Multiple Destinations
- Main LFO with rate adjustable from 0.05Hz to 20kHz in Low and High-frequency modes
- One LFO per-voice implementation
- Left – Right Phase Control for Stereo Effects and Harnessing The Binaural Sound Engine
- One-Shot Mode for Envelope Duties
- Keyboard Tracking Mode for FM sounds
- LFO1 can be mapped through the DDS1 or DDS2 Audio path in either Fixed or Tracking modes for use as a Drone or Third-Oscillator
- Free-Running, or Reset on note press or Beginning of Bar for Sequencer/Arpeggiator
- Intuitive Modulation Matrix For Second-Tier Modulation Functions
- LEDs give clear feedback on assignment Depths
- 20x Audio Rate Oversampling Computation
- Stereo Audio input that can be fed through the 12 Analog Filters and the effects section
- Audio to Gate Trigger with variable-gain input stage
Keyboard & Controller Section
- 49 key Fatar Mechanism with Velocity and Aftertouch
- Two-Axis Bender with LFO trigger
- Voice Modes Poly 1, Poly 2, Variable Size Unison, Solo and Legato
- Keyboard Adjacent Dedicated Controls for Bend Range to DDS1/2 and VCF
- Global LFO2 with Rate and Delay Controls. Triggered and Always-On modes
- Variable Portamento
- Playable Spring-Lever Keyboard Octave Selector
- MPE MIDI Compliance with mapping to Press and Release Velocity, Bend, Poly Pressure and Expression
- MIDI Syncable Multimode arpeggiator with Smart-Hold
- 1-4 Octave Range selectable for Arpeggiator
- MIDI Syncable 64 – Step Sequencer with Programmable Note, Rest, Slide and Accent Controls
- LFO1 and Delay Controls CAn be Locked to Arpeggiator/Sequencer Clock
- 64 Sequence Memories
- Dual Mode Stereo Chorus using 24-bit 192kHz processing
- Syncable & Modulatable Stereo Delay with 24-bit 192kHz processing
- 64 User Patch Memories
- Patch, Sequence & Waveform Management via simple USB ‘Memory Stick’ type interface
- Easy access buttons and a Menu-Free Interface
- MIDI In, Out and Hardware-Thru on DIN Connectors
- USB For MIDI, Patch & Sequence Management and Waveform Download
- Audio Input on Stereo ¼” Jacks
- Expression Pedal Input. Responds to CV inputs 0-5V and routed to Modulation Matrix
- Sustain Pedal Input. Accepts standard momentary footswitch
- Main Output Left and Right on ¼” Jacks
- High-Quality Stereo Headphone Power Amplifier
Integration & Other Specs
- Easy Disk-Access Patch & Sequence Management and Waveform Download
- (Unlock Multi-timbral Mode) not on release
- (Unlock Deeper Modulation Capabilities) not on release
- Easy OS Upgrade
- Universal (Worldwide) Mains AC input on IEC C14 Connector: 30W Power Consumption
- Weight approximately 10kg
- Size approximately 846 x 360 x 100 (including feet and knobs)
Source Audio – Nailing Neil Young’s Live Tone
Andy at Reverb.com Shows Us How to Nail Neil Young’s Live Tone with Help from the True Spring Reverb
Here at Source Audio headquarters, we debate quite a bit about music and musicians, but there are a few topics on which we ALL agree. One is that Neil Young freakin’ rules. So we were quite happy to see the True Spring Reverb make an appearance in our pal Andy Martin’s Reverb.com video on “How Get Neil Young’s Live Guitar Tone with 3 Boutique Pedals.”
The True Spring Reverb is equipped with an engine inspired by the vintage Fender© 6G15 outboard spring unit that was a favorite of Neil’s in the early Crazy Horse days. Check out the video as Andy romps through a few Neil Young classics like “Cinnamon Girl,” “Powderfinger,” and “Cortez the Killer.” What do you think – did he achieve full Neil-ness?
This Month’s Featured Neuro Presets
We could not be more fired up about the explosion of published C4 Synth User Presets. The growing legion of C4 owners is creating and publishing KILLER new presets every single day with the Neuro App. Here is the best news; for all of y’all that don’t have the time or desire to jump into the Neuro Editor and start experimenting with preset creation, it is super-easy to use Neuro to explore, audition, and save any of these great sounds directly to your C4 (check out our Instructions for using the Neuro App with Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows videos for a quick tutorial). Below are some recent favorites…
Our friend Do Noise was one of the very first people to dive into the C4 Synth’s Neuro Editor and use it to its full potential. DN fearlessly experimented with the C4’s vast collection of sound features, from the dual programmable sequencers in his “Octave Sequenced Bass” preset, to the intelligent harmonization in “C7th Chords,” to the alternate LFO wave shapes in “Dancing Filters.” He also produced an excellent video demonstrating his presets. All of these sounds are super creative, fun, and may be just the thing you’re looking for to add an unexpected twist to your latest recording.
Some excellent C4 Synth bass presets (that sound equally excellent on guitar) from our friend @Quatschmacher (a.k.a “Peter Kenney”)! Quatschmacher has a grand collection of great presets with fantastic accompanying sound clips. Here are a couple of our favorites…
Introducing the Spectrum Intelligent Filter
…And just in case you missed it, last month we released the awesome new Spectrum Intelligent Filter. Source Audio originally made a name for itself with the Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter, and that rich tradition continues with our brand new, even more powerful and compact envelope filter. Check the link for some great demos of the Spectrum!
MEMOTRON is KING
Memotron and M4000D