Kii THREE BXT System – DSP controlled active floor standing speaker
Full-size floor-standing DSP controlled monitor speaker system with two Kii THREE speakers, two BXT modules, one Kii CONTROL, and all necessary cables
The Kid THREE BXT is a floor-standing DSP controlled high-end playback system. It includes two Kii THREE speakers in grey PRO spatter finish, two BXT modules in grey PRO spatter finish, and one Kii CONTROL. In addition, all necessary cables are included. Kii CONTROL offers volume control, input selection with touch switch operation, additional software menu, OLED display and is IR ready. Inputs include USB, SPDIF, TOSLINK, AES, ANALOG.
Kii’s mission for the THREE was to break the sonic mould of compact speakers. Powerful small speakers with deep bass have been around for a while now but none so far sounded like a big speaker. The THREE is built to fix that.
Basic acoustics tells us that a classic box speaker only directs sound towards the listeners from the midrange up while bass frequencies are radiated all around. The frequency where this change happens depends on the size of the box front (the “baffle”). The smaller the baffle, the higher the frequency at which bass is still radiated all around instead of directed towards the listener.
That in short is why big speakers have so far delivered much more precise timing and detail in the bass and low mids than small speakers: the room gets less chance to interfere. And that is what Kii has now managed to make a compact speaker do.
The BXT is an extension module that turns the Kii THREE into a veritable floor-standing loudspeaker with 16 additional drivers. The Kii THREE BXT System is absolutely unique as it combines a line source with horizontal directivity control! The BXT makes full use of the Kii THREEs technology and adds more frequency range and SPL to the game while still being a cardioid system that, despite its size, does not interact with the room. Astoundingly enough small rooms profit a lot from the line source concept.
- Full-size floor-standing DSP controlled monitor speaker system
- 12x 6.5″ woofer, 1x 5″ midrange, 1x 1″ waveguided tweeter
- Amplification: full custom Class D, 250W per drive unit, arranged in 6 groups
- Active Wave Focusing crossover filter
- Frequency response: 20 Hz (-3 dB) – 25 kHz, flatness ±0.5 dB
- Integrated tone control
- Phase response: selectable, linear phase or minimum latency
- Protection limiters
- Controlled Directivity: 4.8 dB (54 Hz – 1 kHz, slowly rising thereafter)
- Size: 8″ x 47″ x 16″ (WxHxD)
- Weight: 112 lb
- Inputs: Analog, AES/EBU, KiiLink, SPDIF, TOSLink, USB on Kii Control
- Selectable correction for free-standing, near wall or in corner (14 positions)
- Automatic Standby Mode