Rob Papen Blue II
Loaded with six extremely flexible oscillators, dozens of waveforms, 27 filters types, 35 effects, and a staggering degree of modulation capabilities, Rob Papen’s Blue II is a virtual instrument sound design wonderland!
Striking an elegant balance between ease of use and sophistication, Rob Papen Blue II allows you to approach sound design from several different angles whilst being both fun and intuitive.
Craft sounds that are lush, deep, complex and alive, to biting, aggressive and modern – there’s a lot to explore in Rob Papen’s Blue II, and as Sound on Sound said in their review, “crossfusion synthesis doesn´t get better than this”.
BLUE II KEY FEATURES
- Combines 6 complex oscillators, FX synthesis, and subtractive synthesis providing a world of sonic possibilities
- A rich palette of oscillator waveform span the gamut from basic analog shapes to string and choir samples
- Two analog modeled filters with 27 filter types including ring filtering let you sculpt perfect tones
- Create moving and evolving sounds with a multitude of envelopes, step sequencers, LFOs, arpeggiators, and more
- Add even more sonic texture to the mix with four effects engines with 32 effects types each
- X-Y matrix taken from Rob Papen’s Blade additive synthesizer provides even more cool ways to manipulate patches
- Straightforward user interface makes sound design intuitive and fun
- Compatible with any AAX, VST, or AU plug-in host
MORE ABOUT ROB PAPEN BLUE II…
A new range of specially selected waveforms based on samples have been meticulously fashioned for creating new and fresh-sounding synth sounds, so don’t go expecting acoustic pianos galore here. However, since choirs and strings are an excellent basis for so many synth sounds Blue II has them in abundance, with much more besides!
Moreover, Blue II takes the useful XY pad features from its popular virtual instrument sibling Blade, a cutting-edge additive synthesis powerhouse with a human touch, and transplants them into its own equally extraordinary workflow, perfect for time-based sound movements and vector pad-type sounds. Complemented by four top-quality FX processors, each offering 35 FX types, Blue II is a phenomenally powerful virtual instrument to behold.
But Blue II is also easy to use, thanks to its user-friendly user interface and an innovative Easy Edit page for speedy sound changes, while the Bank Manager allows whistle-stop navigation through over 3000 inspirational Rob Papen presets and artist sound banks covering a wide range of musical styles.