Since Red 16Line provides both DigiLink™ connectors and Thunderbolt™ connections, it’s now easier than ever to switch from Pro Tools | HD™ to a second DAW, without the need to reconfigure option cards in the interface. Simply change the host mode either in the remote control software, or on the device front panel and change DAWs in seconds.
Red’s ultra-low round trip latency completely transforms your workflow. If you’re used to having to build two different mixes – one using input monitoring to overdub, the other using the DAW for playback – the good news is that now, one is enough. Build your mix on the DAW and use it whether you’re overdubbing (monitoring the input you’re recording with the Focusrite Control software mixer) or playing back, with all your plug-ins in place, all the time.
- Ultra-low round trip latency to track through plug-ins
- Record virtual instruments in real time
- Two digitally-controlled Red Evolution mic preamps
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports as standard
- Three LCD displays for highly accurate level metering
- Two discrete high-fidelity headphone outputs
- Two instrument inputs on the front panel
- High-performance audio conversion
- 16 line inputs on D-sub
- 16 line outputs and two main monitor outputs
- Air mode on the preamps
- Dual-port Dante card
- Focusrite Control software mixer
- Connect multiple digital sources