Heritage Audio OST-8 ADAT 500 Series Rack
The Heritage Audio OST-8 ADAT 500 Series Rack is an 8 slot 500 series rack with ADAT output designed to rack any and all 500 series modules and devices featuring Heritage Audio’s On Slot Technology for maximum protection, filtering, and isolation. The OST-8 is the smoothest way to increase an audio interface ́s capabilities and incorporate 500 series modules into a recording and mixing setup with the least amount of fuss.
UNLEASH THE FULL POWER OF YOUR AUDIO INTERFACE
The OST-8 adat will allow you to maximize your audio interface by providing a flexible high-quality front end able to accommodate up to eight 500 series modules and combine them with a built-in premium 24-Bit/192 kH ADC. It ́s never been easier to capture, process, and digitalize signals at the highest quality possible.
Once again Heritage Audio has relied on its tried and tested On Slot Technology to guarantee the cleanest, most protected environment for your valuable 500 series modules. Not only offering unmatched filtering and isolation for each slot, but you can also be sure that you ́ll be getting the absolute best performance as each and every module is individually regulated providing them their own power supply and guaranteeing they receive all the juice they could ask for.
The Analog-To-Digital Converter of the OST-8 adat can operate as a MASTER unit or SLAVE to another with a BNC connector to sync to WordClock assuring a stable conversion. Right out of the box you already have a top-of-the-line 8-channel converter ready to use with the possibility of gradually adding a collection of 500 series modules to complete your own, unique recording or mixing rig. Now, what must be one of the coolest features is that it ́s possible to select individually, per channel, the input routed to the ADC. This means one can choose between the signal directly from the INPUT, the signal after going through the 500 module, or an ADC EXTERNAL IN signal. This last option is very attractive as it gives you even more processing possibilities for your signal before the conversion stage.
The OST-8 adat is sturdily built just like all of Heritage Audio’s products and includes quality gold plated XLR connectors as well as having the Inputs and Outputs duplicated on DB25 connectors for even more convenience. Then there ́s the very popular ́LINK ́ button on the back that permits you to internally connect one module ́s output to the next, adjacent module ́s input with the no need to use patch cables.
- Eight slot, rack-mountable 500 Series enclosure for mobile and project studio recording
- New link feature allows each channel to be linked to the next at the push of a button, no patch cables required
- Each channel is individually regulated, filtered, and protected for the highest performance, lowest noise, and best protection
- Capable of delivering up to 400mA per rail per slot, or 1.8 Amps total (2.0 Amps non-continuous), whichever is reached first
- Phantom power supply delivers up to 140 mA total
- Independent Status LEDs per slot on the front panel for voltage rails
- Power switch on the front panel
- Widest possible range of compatibility with any 500 Series device made, including ‘power hungry’ class A and vacuum tube designs
- Vertical architecture accommodates ‘double wide’ modules
- Heavy gauge steel chassis and aluminum front panel, rugged finish, proven, durable design
- Premium 8 channel 24-Bit 192 kHz Converter
- Switchable path for converters per channel, either directly from Preamp or from External Source
- Stand-alone 8 channel premium converter when mic pres use is not required
|UNIT WEIGHT||10.4 lb|
|MODULE SLOT COUNT||8 Slots|
|INPUT CONNECTORS||Analog DB25, Analog XLR, BNC|
|OUTPUT CONNECTORS||Analog DB25, Analog XLR, BNC|