Roland JUPITER-X Synthesizer
Jupiter X: the Jupiter Legacy Continues
In 1978, when polysynths were the hot new thing, the Jupiter-4 put Roland on the map as a top synth maker. Since then, synthesizers bearing the Jupiter badge have proudly represented Roland’s premier sound technologies and keyboard actions. The Jupiter-X meticulously re-creates coveted instruments from Roland’s vaunted legacy of genre-defining synths, while blazing new synthesis frontiers. Featuring multiple layers, massive polyphony, and deep hands-on control, the Jupiter-X gives you the power to effortlessly craft and deploy huge, evolving soundscapes with warmth, punch, and shimmer.
Next generation of a Roland synth icon
The Jupiter-X is the pinnacle of Roland sound design and build quality. Its all-metal chassis uses premium materials throughout, and the all-new aftertouch-enabled 61-note keyboard is the finest the company has ever made. Whether you’re performing onstage or recording in the studio, Jupiter-X puts you in an ergonomic cockpit equipped with the real-time controls you need to dive in and quickly shape world-class sounds.
Classic analog to vintage digital — and beyond
Jupiter-X is equipped with Roland’s latest cutting-edge sound engine, which not only can reproduce sought-after analog classics such as the Jupiter-8, Juno-106, and SH-101; but also vintage digital synths like the XV-5080 and today’s RD pianos. Also onboard: an arsenal of Roland drum machines (including the TR-808, 909, 707, 727, 606, CR-78, and more) that are the cornerstones of electronic and dance music. The Jupiter-X is like a studio packed with vintage gear — but with modern capabilities and a deep, powerful synthesis engine that opens the portals to new sonic worlds.
I-Arpeggio: instant inspiration
Whether you’re backing a singer or scoring to picture, you’re familiar with working under pressure. You’re often in the position of having to produce something amazing — quickly. Say hello to your new best friend: Jupiter-X. It’s equipped with Roland’s next-gen I-Arpeggio, which uses artificial intelligence not only to accompany you — but to spark your creativity. I-Arpeggio takes in your notes, rhythms, and phrases, and outputs perfect drum parts, bass lines, chords, and arpeggiated figures. This intelligent arpeggiator works simultaneously on each of Jupiter-X’s five parts, and you can customize the generated patterns and export them to your DAW via USB. Note that these are not backing tracks: they are intelligently generated beats and phrases that flesh out your live performance and obliterate writer’s block — a welcome feature if you’re looking to define your own unique voice as an artist!
Zero in on the perfect settings
In addition to its informative LCD display, Jupiter-X is equipped with an impressive array of knobs, faders, and buttons that invite the immediacy of hands-on control. These robust controls feel smooth and precise for confident real-time sweeps, subtle or bold. Of course, Jupiter-X has a dedicated studio-grade FX section, and switching between synth layers is easy, so you can immediately take control of any aspect of your sound. The control offered by the Jupiter-X is so intuitive, you have the sensation of reaching in and massaging your sound to shape it exactly the way you hear it.
Unleash your creativity
With the ability to layer up to five parts — four for synths and one for drums — Jupiter-X is a beast. Its engine can power multiple authentic Roland classics such as the JX-8P and Jupiter-8 with ample polyphony to create thick layers and complex backing parts. With this much onboard polyphony, you can create rich sound layers and backing parts without limiting your ability to play complex chords. Craft the ideal bass/lead split with an SH-101 and JUNO-106; layer a pristine RD piano with rich JX-8P strings; build a behemoth stack of Jupiter-8s; With the Jupiter-X, your creative vision is never compromised by technological limitations.
Whether it resides in your home or commercial studio or is part of your touring rig, Jupiter-X is built for the long haul with a robust metal chassis and premium components to stand up to the rigors of professional (ab)use. Equipped with high-grade balanced connections, a bevy of performance controllers, and multiple pedal inputs, Jupiter-X is the perfect partner for your musical exploits — wherever they may lead. It’s also expandable so you can update it with new content as it becomes available. It can also directly share Scenes and other content with its “mini-me,” the compact, wireless Jupiter-Xm. The Roland Jupiter-X: your musical destiny is waiting.
Roland Jupiter-X Synthesizer Features:
- From classic analog to vintage digital — and beyond
- Premium 61-note Roland keyboard with aftertouch
- Cutting-edge ZEN-Core sound engine with various Model sound generators
- Polyphony: up to 256 notes (depending on tone structure)
- I-Arpeggio for instant inspiration
- Extensive hands-on controls
- Pitchbend and Mod wheels
- Onboard FX engine
- XLR-1/4″ Combo Mic input
- 3.5mm AUX input
- 1/4″ TS and balanced XLR Outputs
- MIDI 5/pin DIN I/O
- USB-to-Host; USB-to-Device
- 1/4″ and 3.5mm Headphone outputs
- 2 Pedal jacks
- Type:Keyboard Synth
- Sound Engine Type(s):ZEN-Core
- Number of Keys:61
- Type of Keys:Semi-weighted
- Aftertouch:Channel Aftertouch
- Other Controllers:Pitchbend/Mod wheel Lever, 2 x Wheels (assignable), 2 x Slider (assignable), 3 x Switches (assignable)
- Pads:16 x Performance Buttons
- Polyphony:256 Notes (tone setting dependent)
- Presets:4,000 Preset Tones, 256 User Tones, 90 Drum Kits, 256 Scenes
- Oscillators:4 x VCO
- LFO:1 x LFO
- Number of Effects:90
- Effects Types:Multi-effects, Part EQ (5 systems), 7 x Reverb, 4 x Chorus, 5 x Delay, Overdrive, NS/Compressor (mic), Master EQ/Compressor
- Arpeggiator:I-Arpeggio, 5 parts, Multi-part with play detection
- Storage:External USB Flash Drive (sold separately)
- Audio Inputs:1 x 1/8″ (aux in), 1 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic)
- Audio Outputs:2 x 1/4″ (L/R), 2 x XLR (L/R)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8″
- USB:1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O:In/Out/USB/Bluetooth
- Pedal Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (control), 1 x 1/4″ (hold)
- Power Supply:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:37 lbs. 5 oz.