Lynx Aurora(n) PRE 1608-TB
The Lynx Aurora(n) PRE 1608 comes pre-installed with two LM-PRE4 modules adding eight channels of microphone/line/HI-Z inputs to the eight channels of analog line I/O for a total of sixteen analog inputs. Other Auoura(n) PRE models are available through the Lynx Custom Shop.
The LM-PRE4 four-channel microphone preamplifier module transforms the Aurora(n) into a full-fledged computer interface and stand-alone audio recording device. This high performance module extends the capabilities of the Aurora(n) product line by adding support for microphone, HI-Z or line level input signals and direct coupling to four additional channels of A/D conversion per module.
Lynx converters have won acclaim for pristine transparency and imaging while providing industry professionals with the means to capture performances with all their subtleties and nuances. Acknowledging the high bar set by this level of performance, the LM-PRE4 was designed with strict requirements for noise suppression and ruler-flat frequency response while operating over a wide range of gain settings. In support of this, critical attention was focused on component selection, circuit board layout, and power delivery. The resulting combination of preamp and conversion technology in the LM-PRE4 offers sonic detail typically lost in the all-in-one interfaces. The performance of the microphone preamplifier alone meets or exceeds popular stand-alone devices on the market.
- Complete redesign integrates Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) for analog I/O to achieve significant improvements in transparency and reductions of both noise and distortion
- Two audiophile-grade headphone outputs
- 1 in/3 out Word clock I/O with Lynx exclusive second generation SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology
- Up to 32-channels of real-time recording and playback via on-board MicroSD card
- Universal power supply
- Designed and built in the USA
- Four-channel microphone/line/HI-Z input module for Aurora(n)
- On-board Aurora(n) A/D conversion directly coupled to preamp out
- Fully-differential, current-feedback preamplifier architecture
- Transformerless, transparent design
- Up to 68.6 dB gain in 1 dB increments
- Low noise(-129 dBu EIN) microphone input
- Noise and distortion optimized at all gain settings
- Independent 48 V phantom power, phase, high-pass filter, and pad for each channel
- Dedicated line level signal path provides performance identical to AIO8E
- Gold contact relays for distortion-free signal routing
- Seamless integration with Aurora(n)’s mixing and routing engine