Audiolinear AXIS Passive Monitoring Controller
The zero compromise passive desktop monitoring controller
Designed and built by hand in England
AXIS is a zero compromise, high-end desktop monitor controller. AXIS is entirely passive in its design, and offers a completely transparent signal path. There are no active electronics to add interference or distortion to your source.
High Quality Components
The main feature of AXIS is it’s high-quality, Swiss-made, 24-position stepped output volume attenuator, with large 64mm Ø dial. The positions are ultra-smooth, and are 2dB steps to -30dB, 5dB steps thereafter to -65dB. The attenuator uses high-quality 1% resistors throughout it’s resistive network.
Each output has a dedicated trim control on the top panel. The controls are all high-quality, smooth-turn potentiometers, made by ALPS. Each control has a range of -20dB to 0dB.
Two stereo inputs via 1/4″ TRS Jack sockets, for connection from your audio interface or other line-level equipment. Accepts both TS and TRS Jack connections.
One stereo input via RCA/Phono sockets, for connecting CD players or other unbalanced equipment.
One stereo 1/8″ TRS mini-jack socket, for quick referencing to any device with a 1/8″ TRS socket (iPhone, Android, iPod, iPad etc.)
Three stereo outputs via 1/4″ TRS Jack sockets.
- Input 1: Neutrik Stereo 1/4″ Jacks
- Input 2: Neutrik Stereo 1/4″ Jacks
- Input 3: Switchcraft Stereo RCA/Phono sockets
- Input 4: Schurter Stereo 3.5mm Jack socket
- Output A: Neutrik Stereo 1/4″ Jacks
- Output B: Neutrik Stereo 1/4″ Jacks
- Output C: Neutrik Stereo 1/4″ Jacks
- 24-Position ELMA Attenuation Switch
- ALPS Output Trim Controls
- Mono: Sums the selected inputs to mono
- Mute: Mutes both left and right channels
- Dim: Attenuates the output by 25dB
- Input and output switches are interlocking
- Can use multiple inputs/outputs simultaneously
- Hand-built in England
- Frequency Response (0dB/-1dB): DC to 530kHz
- Frequency Response (0dB/-3dB): DC to 1.02MHz
- Distortion (10Hz to 100kHz): 0.003%
- Noise Floor: Same as source. AXIS adds no additional distortion.
- Nominal Input Signal Voltage Rating: +4dBu
- Maximum Input Signal Voltage Rating: +35dBu
- Output Signal Voltage Rating: -1.15dB w.r.t input (with trim and volume controls at 0db)
- Crosstalk – Left on Right: -83dB
- Crosstalk – Right on Left: -83dB
- Crosstalk – Adjacent Inputs: -96dB
- Crosstalk – Mute Level: -115dB
- Level Control: 24-position, ultra-smooth stepped attenuator
- Attenuator resistors: high-quality, 1% tolerance
- Source impedance: calibrated to 100Ω
- Load impedance: calibrated to 10kΩ
- Input impedance: 3.8kΩ to 10.4kΩ (dependent on output and trim settings)
- Output impedance: 470Ω to 1380Ω (dependent on output and trim settings)
- Trim controls: -20dB to 0dB range, smooth-turn
- Mono button: Sums the selected channel inputs to a mono output
- Mute button: Mute is OFF, output is resistor grounded.
- Unit Dimensions (HxWxD in mm): 87.6 x 208.0 x 175.7
- Shipping Box Dimensions (HxWxD in mm): 160 x 307 x 280
- Weight: 1.87kg (4.12lbs)