Ear Trumpet Labs Josephine Large-diaphragm condenser microphone
With her large, eight-inch copper ring and six-spring suspension reminiscent of the broadcast microphones of the 20s and 30s, Josephine makes a strong, elegant statement on stage. Acoustically, she has the sensitivity and warmth to mic vocals and acoustic instruments several feet away – perfect for traditional single-mic technique with bluegrass, old-time, or any small acoustic group. The tone is astonishingly natural. The open basket and capsule suspension allows a remarkably clear, vivid, detailed sound that works great in studio recordings too. Cardioid pickup pattern (directional) with great rejection of off-pattern sound makes for easy use in a live mix, and consistent use in studio. This mic allows the use of stage monitors in single-mic situations where that hasn’t before been possible.
- Hand made microphone with unique appearance.
- Large (26mm) diaphragm condenser capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern.
- Tea-ball head basket capsule assembly spring-mounted in a large suspension ring.
- Internal multilayer silk and foam pop filter, for plosive protection without sacrificing clarity.
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics – very quiet and clean.
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components – film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
- Body fits standard microphone clips.
- Dimensions: 14 1/4″ x 8 3/4″ x 2 3/8″
- Metal tool case with foam padding included, 15″ x 10″ x 4 1/2″.
- Requires 48V phantom power.
- See shipping info.
- As always, our guarantee.