FULL-BLAST ANALOG SYNTHESIZER
MiniBrute is a revolutionary analog synthesizer from Arturia that redefined the price/performance/sound ratio of modern synths. Updated with a new Step sequencer and stylish good looks, the MiniBrute SE is designed to perform.
Its 100% analog audio signal path features a VCO wave mixer, the classic Steiner-Parker multimode filter, as well as numerous analog innovations such as the Metalizer, Ultrasaw, and the Brute Factor™. Boasting a complete MIDI, CV and USB connectivity, MiniBrute is right at home with your computer or your vintage synths, making it the ideal companion to deliver a pure analog blast anywhere you go.
Combining the renowned savoir-faire of ARTURIA for designing professional musical instruments, and the expertise of synth “guru” Yves Usson in crafting the finest analog modules, MiniBrute is a revolutionary analog synthesizer.
MiniBrute was built with a simple goal in mind: offer great analog sound, through a very easy to use interface, and without ever compromising on quality.
The result of fine R&D and skilled craftsmanship: a 100% Analog Audio signal path, delivering huge basslines, screaming leads, outstanding arpeggios and FX’s. Analog synthesizers of yesteryear are highly sought-after on the second hand market for their warmth, fatness, slight instability, and their unmistakable sonic character. Digital synths, for their part, offer more possibilities but tend to sound sometimes sterile and loose musicians in endless menus and boring sound digest concepts.
Today, MiniBrute comes as a bold statement, standing proudly among legendary analog machines like the Minimoog, Pro-One, SH-101, MS-20, and Odyssey. MiniBrute brings the finest analog sounds as heard on iconic electronic records, whilst imprinting its own unique features and strong attitude.
2/ Hands-On Heaven
Forget about tiny LCD screens, forget about menus and sub-menus, forget about double functions and complex control. Minibrute brings back the fun and the immediate hands-on experience of synthesis.
You want to make it stronger? Grab the sub-osc slider and move it up. You want it brighter? Grab the filter cutoff knob and turn it up. You want your sound to grow fangs and snarl like a beast? Grab the Brute Factor™ knob and turn it up! It’s that easy.
3/ Connect to the World
Thanks to its full MIDI/CV/USB connectivity, MiniBrute is designed to fit seamlessly in any modern or vintage studio.
- MIDI In/Out : Sequence MiniBrute from your computer’s MIDI interface and DAW, or any other MIDI-Out enabled gear you have. Alternatively use MiniBrute as a master keyboard for your DAW or other MIDI-enabled equipment.
- CV In/Out : Chain MiniBrute to your vintage synthesizer, or modular, to get a beefier sound. Expand, control and sequence MiniBrute from your vintage equipment. Use MiniBrute to control your vintage synths (It conforms to the classic 1 Volt per Octave scaling system). Use MiniBrute as a MIDI to CV converter.
- USB In/Out: Sequence MiniBrute directly from your computer’s DAW without needing a MIDI interface. Use MiniBrute as a USB-MIDI controller, use MiniBrute as a USB MIDI to CV converter.
- Audio In: Process any external sound through MiniBrute’s filter, VCA and Brute Factor™ circuit. MiniBrute can be used as an analog powerhouse for adding warmth, grit and filter effects to drums, guitars, vocals, and more. It will alternatively generate automatic basslines from percussive sounds by switching the Gate source selector to audio.
MiniBrute can also be used as a MIDI to CV Gate interface, ensuring the link between your computer-based studio and your vintage gear.
- MiniBrute SE synthesizer
- User manual
- Preset sheets
- Power supply
Size & weight
- Instrument size : 325 x 390 x70 mm (12.79 x 15.35 x 2.76 inch)
- Instrument weight : 4 kg (8.8 lbs)
MiniBrute Specifications :
- Monophonic synthesizer
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
Full Function Step Sequencer :
- 6 sequences with up to 64 steps each
- 4 swing setting
- 6 Playback modes
- 4 Gate timings
- Steiner-Parker 2 pole Multimode Filter (Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass and Notch)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with Sub-Osc (Square, Sine, -1 & -2 oct)
- Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, White Noise, Audio In)
Signal Enhancers :
- Pulse Width Modulation
- Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms
- Metalizer bringing extreme triangle harmonics
- Brute Factor™ delivering saturation and rich harmonics
- LFO1 with 6 waveforms (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square, Random Square, Random Sine) and bi-polar modulation destinations (to PWM & Metalize, Pitch, Filter, Amplifier)
- LFO2 with selectable rate and 3 vibrato modes (trill up, trill down, sine)
- Two ADSR Envelope Generators with selectable slow/fast speed (from 1 millisecond to more than 10 seconds)
- Keyboard Tracking on the VCF Cutoff
- 25 note semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch (assignable to Cutoff or Vibrato amount)
- Mod Wheel (assignable to Cutoff, Vibrato, or LFO amount)
- Pitch Wheel (with selectable bend range)
- Octave selector from -2 to +2 octaves
- External Analog Audio Input
- CV In/Out controls: Pitch, Filter, Amp
- MIDI In/Out with 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB MIDI In/Out
- CV Gate source selector (Audio/Hold/Keyboard)
- 1/4” Audio Output and 1/4” Headphone Output
- Tempo knob
- Tap tempo
- MIDI Sync
- Wooden side panels
- Rugged brushed Aluminium enclosure
- 12V DC 1A power