Behringer RD8 MKII Analogue Rhythm Designer Drum Machine
The RD-8 MKII provides all the tools you need to become a master beat-maker, including: 16-drum sounds; a 64-step sequencer; Wave Designer and dual-mode filter, for a full-fledged drum machine that’ll shake the house! Whether you’re new to drum programming or a seasoned pro looking to upgrade your setup, the RD-8 MKII has everything you need to step up to the big time.
Great care has been taken in designing the RD-8 MKII to achieve new possibilities in beat creation by reviving a timeless analog design from one of the most classic drum machines of yesteryear. By taking a fresh and modern approach on a classic drum machine, the RD-8 MKII gives you the power to harness the phenomenal sound of the 808 and tap into some new features as well. Now with a faithful reproduction of the legendary 662 OTA chip, you will have in your hands the most authentic sounds that you can create in a modern drum machine. Colossal bass drums through to sizzling hi-hats can be manipulated to elevate your rhythm performance to the next level. This is an analog beat-making monster!
Built to enhance the way you perform, the RD-8 MKII boasts all-new features for live use in each of the sequencer modes including step repeat, note repeat, real-time triggering and live step-overdubbing. This makes it easy to enable recording in pattern launch mode so you can build song structures on the fly and switch back to manual mode at the touch of a button. Then you are free to add some excitement with the autofill feature and to introduce more variations. You can even cue up another song from memory without interrupting playback, allowing you to perform entire sets from start to finish – just using your RD-8 MKII!
- Amazing drum machine with authentic analog sound engine to create classic sound performance
- 16 original drum sounds with additional parameters and global accent capability
- Reproduction of legendary 662 OTA chip for ultimate sound authenticity
- Powerful 64-step drum sequencer supports poly-meter, step-repeat, note-repeat, real-time triggering, track-mute and track-solo
- 11 independent analog outputs for external processing or recording your rhythms as multi-track audio
- Integrated FX bus features Wave Designer and dual-mode Analog Filter with per voice assignment
- Live recording, editing and playback of analog filter cutoff via automation
- Storage of up to 16 songs and 256 patterns, all of which can be imported/exported during playback for unlimited songs and patterns
- Pattern Mode allows arrangement of patterns into full songs and setting number of repeats per song part
- Song Mode allows chaining songs together for live sets and expanded compositions
- Unique Auto Scroll feature enables improvisation in all modes
- Comprehensive MIDI In/Out/Thru plus USB implementation for synchronisation and connection to external devices
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock and Internal for maximum versatility
- Encoder for editing parameters such as Tempo, Swing, Probability, Flam and Random