In addition to our faithful recreation of the original vacuum tube make-up gain MEQ-5, we have also recreated the MEQ-5 version based on the legendary API 2520 op-amp.
Use the Pultec MEQ-5-SS midrange equalizer to fine-tune this crucial frequency range in your mixes, while adding undeniable Pultec vibe too. The MEQ-5-SS dedicates its existence to everything between 500Hz and 7kHz. Thats where your vocal tracks are most vibrant, where your guitars have girth and body, and generally where mixes either shine or fall flat. And because this version trades the traditional tubes for an API 2520 op-amp makeup-gain stage, it’s easy to add a sonic shine to any track with the Pultec MEQ-5-SS midrange equalizer.
- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- API 2520 op-amp for a different flavor of Pultec EQ
- A time-proven solution for your mix’s crucial midrange
Magical tools revered for their ability to improve the sound of audio simply by passing signal through them, Pultec equalizers like the MEQ-5-SS are the stuff of legend. You’ve heard them on countless hits. Rare vintage units cost a pretty penny – if you can find one in good working order. So naturally, there have been many hardware and software “recreations” over the years. Well, now you can grace your recordings with the sweet sound of the MEQ-5-SS: a genuine, made-in-America Pultec EQ.
While every other aspect is the same as original Pultecs, the EQP-1A3-SS-SS employs the legendary API 2520 op-amp for its makeup gain stage instead of the traditional tubes. Many would say this gives the EQP-1A3-SS-SS a less-colored sound than the tube-based version, while retaining the exceptional musicality and richness Pultec EQs are loved for.
Long story short, a detailed, vibrant, rich midrange is what separates world-class mixes from the rest. It’s where most of the sonic excitement of your mix lives, and the MEQ-5-SS gives you two bands of boost and one attenuation band to shape it just right. The sound is amazing, and with a little experimentation you’ll be enhancing vocal intelligibility and beefing up guitars with incredibly musical results.
- Single-channel, 3-band midrange equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- API 2520 op-amp for makeup gain is a distinct sonic alternative than the tube-based version
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Fantastic EQ for guitars, vocals, woodwinds, and other midrange-rich material
- Separate boost and cut bands provide surprising creative potential
Input Transformer: 600 OhmsOutput Transformer: 600 Ohms
Noise: Below -80 dBmDistortion: ≤ 0.15% at 10 dBm into 600 Ohms
Amplifier: 20 CPS to 20 KCS; +0, -1 dB ref 1 KCS including input/output xfmrs
Output Level: +21 dBm maximum