Golden Age Project EQ-81 MKII
The class-AB equalizer circuit used in the EQ-81 MKII is similar to the eq section in the classic 1081 module, without the high and low pass filters.
The sound character is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
The EQ-81 MKII has stepped frequency controls that offers a wide selection of frequencies from 33 Hz to 15 kHz. The BASS and TREBLE frequency bands are switchable between shelving and bell and the MID frequency bands is of the bell type with a switchable Hi Q setting. The control range is +/- 18dB. All four bands can be set in an off mode.
The EQ-81 MKII can be used either as a standalone EQ or connected to the insert jack of one of the Golden Age Project preamps. Combining one of our PRE-73 preamp´s and an EQ-81 MKII and using a UNITE rack kit to mount them together, one will get a 19-inch 1081-style unit at a low cost and with a great sound!
– Vintage Style electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal path when the Insert connector is used
– 4-band with inductor based mid frequency bands
– Stepped frequency selection
– A wide selection of frequencies from 33 Hz to 15 kHz
– Control range up to +/- 18 dB
– Each band has an off mode
– Tantalum capacitors in the EQ signal path
– Can be used together with one of our preamp´s with an insert jack or as a standalone unit
– TRS jack for the INSERT mode in- and output connection, the nominal working level is around -18 dBu
– IC-based in- and output stage for the LINE IN mode with balanced TRS and XLR connectors
– Selectable ground lift jumper
– External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
– Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres