Source Audio Soundblox® Bass Envelope Filter
The Bass Envelope Filter is a continuation of the evolving line of Source Audio effects optimized specifically for the bass guitar. There are 21 different envelope filter effects to choose from including 2 Pole and 4 Pole Low Pass variations, Single Peak, Triple Peak, Peak/Notch variations, as well as Phaser settings. Each of these settings can be further modified with a variety of control options including positive/negative filter sweeps, sweep range, attack and decay speed settings, or frequency range selection. All Soundblox effects pedals are compatible with the Hot Hand Motion Controller – available separately in wireless or wired configurations. Soundblox pedals provide a wide variety of original sounding effects in a sleekly designed, rugged package that is easy to use and highly flexible.
Good god what did you guys put in that thing! The Source Audio BEF is nasty good. I’ve had 9 filters before this one, full size old sheet metal Qtron & Micro version, Mutron III (reissue), Moog MF-101, Bassballs nano, Dr Q nano, EBS bassIQ & my current filters, full size Bassballs & Lovetone Meatball….you win!
The BEF to me is better sounding as a stand alone envelope filter than the Meatball, big statement…but the Meatball still wins for filtering other pedals, I like how organic it is. Although the BEF & Multiwave Bass distortion are made for each other, happy customer!”
The versatility of my Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter has allowed it to take the place of several filters on my board. It has a wide array of tones that range from traditional to wild and formant-like, and they all retain a wet filter sound while avoiding volume spikes. The BEF also works fantastically with other pedals- it’s an important element in creating a broad range of different synth sounds when combining it with octaver and fuzz pedals.”
SOUNDBLOX BASS ENVELOPE FILTER FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- 21 Filter Sounds including 2 Pole Low Pass, 4 Pole Low Pass, Single Peak, Triple Peak, Peak and Notch and Phasers.
- Positive and Negative filter sweep with variable range and sensitivity.
- Dual range speed control allows equal adjustment of Attack and Decay speeds, or alternatively, a fixed, fast attack and adjustable Decay.
- Modern Design — a thoughtfully designed box that features rugged construction and sleek looks.
- State-of-the-art DSP — our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- Motion Control — all Soundblox™ pedals are “Hot Hand® Ready” and can be used with any Hot Hand motion sensor to extend the capabilities of the unit.
- Active Analog Bypass — bypass is fully routed around the DSP and active input ensures zero signal degradation.
- Dimensions: 7 in/17.8cm (length not including 1/O jacks) x 4 in/10.2 cm (width) x 2 in/5cm (height, including knobs).
- Power supply not included.