The Mercury EQ-H2 is two independent (dual mono) channels of the Mercury EQ-H1 in a 2U package. The Mercury EQ-H2, like the EQ-H1, features a passive EQ circuit with a single ended gain make up amplifier topology, based on the vintage ‘Pultec EQH’ circuit. The Mercury EQ-H2 circuit provides a musically satisfying result unobtainable with active and parametric EQs, since the EQ-H2 does not rely upon negative feedback (and all its associated phase and dynamic distortions) to achieve equalization. The EQ-H2, like all Mercury products, has transformer balanced (XLR) input and outputs. The only additions or changes to the original are a much more powerful and stable power supply and running DC on the heaters, rather than AC.
Now in this modern age of digital recording, where the source you put into the DAW is exactly what you have on the track, with no rounded edges, no slight compression and none of the “pixie dust” that came with analog tape, the Mercury family of equalizers are needed more than ever to help add the musicality, warmth and tone to your tracks that we have all treasured.
- Low Frequency Select (CPS; Cycles per second): 20, 30, 60, 100, 200 Hz
- Low Frequency Boost Control: Shelf Boost, 0dB to +13dB
- Low Frequency Attenuate Control: Shelf Atten. 0dB to -17dB
- High Frequency Select (KCS; kilocycles per second ): 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz
- High Frequency Boost Control: Shelf Boost, 0dB to +16dB
- High Frequency Attenuate Control: 10k Shelf Attenuate, 0dB to -16dB