Big Bear Audio MP1 500
The MP1 500 series was created as an entry-level Big Bear Audio product, designed to be a quality studio reference mic pre at a great price by any industry standard. This world class discrete Class A recording amplifier gives producers and engineers the ability to add any Colour module they like to this high function unit.
The MP1 is not a replication of an existing design, or a clone of any kind. It was uniquely designed in-house at Big Bear Audio to provide engineers, producers and songwriters with an intuitive and creative microphone and instrument amplifier.
The MP1 combines a discrete electronically-balanced mic with the DIYRE Colour format. This means the MP1 can be used by itself as a studio reference amplifier, or in combination with any additional Colour module to transform the unit into a vast range of creative and useful tones.
- Discrete Class A Mic/Line Amplifier
- Interchangeable DIYRE Colour Slot
- Discrete Instrument Input
- Burr-Brown Electronically Balanced Output
- Audio Grade Capacitors
- Gain: 66dB
- THD: 0.001% @ 0dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 150KHz +/-0.1dB
- SNR: -128dB EIN
- Mic Input Impedance: 4.8k
- Instrument input impedance: Almost infinite