Sequential DSM01 Curtis Filter Eurorack Synthesizer Module
Eurorack modular synth nuts everywhere are going to flip their lids when they get their hands on the new DSM01 Curtis Filter module from Dave Smith Instruments. Based on the chip design pioneered by the late Doug Curtis, this 2/4-pole low-pass filter and VCA combo has been an integral part of Dave Smith’s synths dating back to the classic Sequential Circuits Prophet-5. Now you can plug this same amazing sound into your Eurorack rig.
Big Sound Comes In Small Packages
Dave Smith’s first-ever offering for modular synthesizer users is a big one—the DSM01 Curtis Filter, the very heart and soul of the Dave Smith sound. Featured in everything from Dave’s vintage Sequential synths to his recent cutting-edge instruments such as the Prophet 12, the Curtis tone is brash, saturated, and powerful.
Plug It and Play It
The DSM01 is a compact, 8 HP Eurorack-format module. Plug it into your modular system and that classic Curtis sonic signature is instrantly within a patch chord’s reach. The filter is a resonant low-pass design that can be switched between -12 dB and -24 dB operation and driven into self-oscillation in -24 dB mode. A Boost switch lets you overdrive the input stage for more aggressive coloration.
In addition to its Curtis filter, the DSM01 provides its own responsive, low-noise VCA with LED CV indicator. There are two separate outputs—one pre-amplifier and the other post-amplifier. This not only gives you added signal routing flexibility, but also frees your system’s existing VCAs for other tasks.
Give Your Modular System the Edge
If you’re a typical modular user, you’re always on the lookout for new and interesting components to enhance your system. The DSM01 is an easy and affordable way to give your system a new sonic edge—with the filter that’s brought some of the world’s most in-demand synths their classic tone and vibe.
- 1 CV In – Frequency (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In – Resonance (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In – VCA (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10 V
- 1 Audio In (3.5 mm jack) +/-5V or 10V p-p
- 1 VCF Out – pre-VCA (3.5 mm jack)
- 1 VCA Out – post-VCA (3.5 mm jack)
- Self oscillation in -24 dB/octave mode, tracks at 1V/octave
- Internal power connector (ribbon cable included)
- Current draw: +12V @ 36mA, -12V @ 25mA
- 1.59″ W x 5.06″ H (40.3 mm x 128.5 mm)
- Depth (measured from back of panel with power cable installed): 1.06″ (27 mm)
- Mounting screws included