Modal Electronics Skulpt 4-Voice / 32-Oscillator Virtual Analogue Synthesiser
Modal SKULPT is truly portable –measuring only 255 x 135 x 68mm and weighing less than 1.0kg (with batteries installed) means you can take SKULPT with you and continue making your music wherever you are. Powered by either 6 x AA batteries, providing over 12 hours of continuous play on the road, the stage or in the studio, you can switch to USB power whenever you want. And USB isn’t just for power, Modal SKULPT provides a Class Compliant USB MIDI connection, enabling SKULPT to play in an integrated setup with MacOSX, Windows or iOS & Android tablets and phones. In addition the MODALapp editor provides complete visual access and control to all of SKULPTS incredible features, along with tight integration of Modal’s CRAFTsynth and CRAFTrhythm devices, letting you work across your Modal instruments with one unified high quality editing environment on the platform of choice including MacOSX, Windows or iOS & Android.
Small enough to fit in your backpack or sit on your master MIDI keyboard, yet powerful enough to bring big synth features into a musician’s rig, Modal SKULPT redefines what it means to be portable –“Bigger on the Inside”.
- 4 voice – 32 oscillator virtual analogue synthesiser
- 8 oscillators per voice with 2 selectable morphable waveforms
- Mixer stage for Osc levels along with FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options
- Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic modes available
- Multi option Unison / spread to detune the 32 oscillators for a huge sound
- 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources and 37 destinations
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
- 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
- Realtime sequencer that will record up to 256 notes and up to 4 parameters.
- Fully featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, swing and sustain controls
- Resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Delay and distortion (waveshaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
- Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay
- 128 patch and 64 sequence storage locations
- 16 key touch MIDI keyboard
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
- Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Headphone and line output
- Powered by USB or 6 x AA batteries
- Optional software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android