Korg Prologue 16-Voice 61 Key Analogue Synthesizer
16 Voices of Analog, FM, and Wavetable Synthesis
The Korg Prologue may be the modern analog polysynth you’ve been waiting for. Featuring 61 full-size keys and 16 voices, plus Split, Layer, and Crossfade modes, Prologue is primed for creating complex layers of sounds. Each voice boasts two analog oscillators plus a digital oscillator offering FM and wavetable synthesis. And with the ability to create your own oscillators and effects, Prologue is one of the most customizable hardware synths we’ve ever seen. Factor in four different voice modes, an arpeggiator, a dual effects section, and 500 program locations for saving your sonic creations, the Korg Prologue is an undeniably powerful synth for stage and studio.
Updated analog filter with drive and gain compensation
Korg created an all-new filter design for the Prologue synthesizer. This smooth-sounding filter features a dedicated drive circuit for adding harmonic richness, with a low-frequency compensation switch for maintaining powerful bass. While heavy overdrive can rob a signal of its bass impact, this switch allows you to add sizzling distortion while keeping the low end rock solid.
Four voice modes for creative performance options
While the Prologue offers impressive polyphonic appeal, you can also choose monophonic voice operation for playing classic lead and bass lines. Unison mode operates as an all-unison monosynth. And Chord mode produces chords with a single key press. Whether you’re looking for musical inspiration, or preparing for a live performance, Prologue’s flexible voice modes offer big creative potential.
Single- and dual-timbre modes
Like many Korg synths, Prologue offers multiple ways to create custom patches. In addition to single-timbre mode, Prologue features three dual-timbre modes for combining sounds. Split mode allows you to assign two different sounds to two different sections of the keyboard, while Layer mode allows you to play two sounds simultaneously across the entire keyboard. Crossfade mode offers even more performance potential, basically combining the two modes to create a smooth sonic transition between zones on the keyboard.
Korg Prologue 61-key Analog Synthesizer Features:
- 16-voice polyphonic analog synthesizer with 61 full-size keys
- Single or dual-timbre modes with Split, Layer, and Crossfade options
- Four voice modes include polyphonic, monophonic, unison, and chord
- 3 oscillators per voice, 2 analog and 1 digital (FM/wavetable)
- Store your custom sounds to 500 program locations for instant recall
- Custom filter design with drive circuit and low-frequency compensation switch
- Dual effects section with modulation, delay, and reverb
- Create your own effects and wavetables for unlimited creative potential
- Sync In/Out for synchronizing with Volca modules, Electribe drum machines, and other Korg gear