Behringer Vocoder VC340 Authentic Analog Vocoder for Human Voice & String Ensemble
Thanks to 37 semi-weighted full-size keys with velocity sensitivity and an authentic analog signal path, the Behringer VC340 is sure to become one of your favourite keyboards. Whether you use it to provide that awe-inspiring talking-synth sound that sold millions of recordings, or just for its really fat string section and multi-voice choir pads, owning the Behringer VC340 is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to embrace the past – or make your imprint on the future!
Great care has been taken in engineering the Vocoder VC340, including the true to the original analog circuitry, which makes it extremely easy for you to recreate the classic vocoder sounds that made a tremendous impact on synth-based rock. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the Vocoder VC340 its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat voice and string ensembles to stunning effects – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Unlike the original vocoders of the 1970s and ’80s, you get to use your favourite microphone with the Vocoder VC340. A dedicated XLR input connector is provided on the rear panel that allows any Low-Impedance (Lo-Z) dynamic mic (not incl.) to modulate the onboard synthesized sounds.
Nothing fattens up the sound of a vocal choir or string section better than a truly-great chorus! That’s why Vocoder VC340’s chorus features authentic analog BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology, which hands the signal off across multiple processing stages for the ideal amount of luscious thickening. Vocoder VC340 has 32 knobs, faders and switches, all laid out in a highly-intuitive format that puts the joy back into your music creation. Input and output connections include: Mic In; Phones; Exteral Synth In; Control (Behringer Hold & Pitch pedal inputs); Audio Out (Mono & Stereo with 3-position Level switch); and MIDI (I/O and Thru) via USB/MIDI DIN.
- Authentic analog Vocoder, Human Voice and Strings sounds from the ‘80s
- Vocoder sounds that wrote musical history and inspired some of the most famous artists and bands
- Microphone input to modulate any audio signal
- Multiple-stage Chorus based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity sensitivity
- 32 sliders and switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencers
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.