Arturia MicroFreak Experimental Hybrid Synth (Vocoder Edition)
A 16-band vocoder with accessible real-time voicing controls. A detachable gooseneck microphone. A slick new aesthetic. MicroFreak Vocoder Edition takes unhinged hybrid carnage and cranks it up a notch – sing to the tune of pandemonium and lose control.
Accurate replication of the human voice via 16 frequency bands, and an easy-to-use gooseneck microphone for comfortable, instant vocoding. Combine the Vocoder mode with MicroFreak’s wild features and manipulate your sound like never before. Sequence vocal melodies, modulate voice parameters with the LFO, and much more. Process external instruments and sounds through the Vocoder mode for unique formant textures – simply connect to the headphone input via 3.5mm TRRS. A new look for your favourite Freak. The casing, control panel and centre strip has been given a makeover to complement its radical new voice.
Sing alongside glistening digital textures. Add paraphonic harmonies to external sound sources. Scatter spoken word across sprawling modulated sequences. This is your voice and your sound – spiced, diced and warped beyond recognition. A simple, removable mic attachment that lets you sprinkle your voice into the mix. A gooseneck design means quick position adjustment, with easy connection straight into the headphone socket. The fitting also allows you to connect headphones at the same time. The utility menu lets you set your preferred mic gain and noise gate settings.
Arturia have created an entirely new mode to harness the Vocoder’s 16-band power. The Vocoder engine features 3 waveforms – sawtooth, pulse width and noise – while the Timbre and Shape knobs adjust the 16 frequency bands to twist and transform your voice. MicroFreak Vocoder Edition goes beyond robot vocals. 16 new presets give you instant access to android translations, crystalline harmonies and vibrant formant sequences galore.
Behind the revamped appearance and microphone attachment is the same lovable maniac that set the synth world spinning. Sparkling digital and wavetable oscillators collide with velvety analog filters. A unique poly-aftertouch PCB keyboard combines with a distinctly freaky arpeggiator & sequencer. Bathe your mix in sonic hysterics with the erratic mod matrix or the unique Spice & Dice randomisers. MicroFreak is out to break the rules. It’s an unpredictable instrument for the adventurous. An adrenaline rush for the thrill-seeking musician. A mind-bending tool that dares you to stray from the path and think differently. Freak out.
- Synthesizer with 256 preset slots and 224 factory presets
- 14 Digital oscillator with variable mode, including Mutable Instruments Plaits engines and new Vocoder mode
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes: Envelope, LFO
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes – Up to 4 voices
- Chord mode lets you program a chord shape and play it on any note
- Scale Quantise lets you set a specific scale for the white notes to simplify the creative process
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful arpeggiator
- Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Spice & Dice Gate randomisers
- 64-step sequencer: 2 patterns per preset, 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output