Arturia KeyStep 37 Polyphonic Step Sequencer & 37-Note Keyboard Controller
A controller, evolved. KeyStep 37 combines a flexible 37-note keyboard with intuitive sequencing, instant chord generation and creative real-time MIDI controls that let you discover and interact with music like never before.
Overcome creative hurdles. Smash artistic barriers. Discover new musical horizons. A powerful tool that seamlessly controls your hardware and software instruments simultaneously. An exploratory device that encourages spontaneous creativity with its musical features. Surrender to the musical journey – where will KeyStep 37 take you?
Versatile connectivity: Connect to your computer, your desktop MIDI synths, or your CV & modular gear for simultaneous control over hardware and software. Scale mode: Quantise the keyboard and never play a wrong note. Choose from 5 scales, including a user-defined scale, to set your own musical terms. Assignable MIDI CC controls: Interact with your hardware and software with 16 assignable MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks.
KeyStep 37 is responsive, dynamic, and expanded in every direction to encourage musical exploration. Record, perform, and experiment with a compact, accessible keybed that’s familiar and enjoyable in equal measure. Unite your hardware and software with deep connectivity, offering seamless control over your setup.
The same velocity-sensitive 37-note keybed as the KeyStep Pro, complete with aftertouch and RGB LED feedback. A lightweight and compact keyboard that offers full and familiar creative flexibility, whatever your style or ability.
At the centre of KeyStep 37’s interface Arturia have added 4 new control knobs with a screen, giving you instant access to inspiring new expressive tools and MIDI tweaking – total control. KeyStep 37’s unique & enhanced Chord mode takes your single note melodies and unfinished ideas and transforms them into musical stepping stones. Choose from multiple voicings, instrument-like strum effects, and velocity settings and make your music really sing.
Map out KeyStep 37’s 3-octave keyboard range with a scale of your choice using Scale mode. Any key you play will automatically quantise to the nearest note in the chosen scale – never play a wrong note again. Tap into the inner workings of your MIDI hardware and software with assignable 16 MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks. Use the 4 new controls to tweak settings on the fly for dynamic performances.
KeyStep 37 is designed to be put in control. An accessible interface, a compact design and comprehensive connectivity make it the perfect centrepiece for your rig – whatever your needs. Hook up your synth hardware with MIDI in/out. Control your favourite VST instruments with MIDI over USB. Use CV pitch, gate and mod connections for modular integration. Analog sync in/out keeps everything in time without hassle. The best bit? Use it all at the same time.
- Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- RGB LEDs on each key for instant feedback on your sequence, arp, scale
- Arpeggiator mode: Up, Down, Inclusive, Exclusive, Random, Walk, Pattern and Order
- Sequencer mode: 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Advanced Chord mode with pre-defined or user Chords and strumming capability
- SHIFT button selection : MIDI Channel selection, Gate length, Swing, Sequence Edit, Scale quantisation, CC Bank selection
- DC power jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI and MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports
- Sync source switch : Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/Gate outputs with configurable pitch, gate and Modulation formats.
- Capacitive pitch bend and mod wheel strips
- Each sequence can have 64 steps with 8 notes of polyphony