Slate Digital VRS-8 + 5x ML-2 Bundle
In 2017, Slate Digital are excited to announce the next step in their continuing crusade to bring professional audio tools to the masses: the Virtual Recording Studio, featuring the new Slate Digital VRS-8 audio interface and Slate Digital ML-2 modeling microphone.
The VRS-8 is NOT just another “me too” eight-channel recording interface – it’s a fantastic-sounding professional audio converter packed with tons of features:
- EIGHT Ultra Linear VMS-One mic preamps, enabling you to use our microphone and preamp emulations on every input and controlled directly from the front panel for easy control when tracking
- A LLN™ (Low Latency Native) custom hard-wired converter chipset, which reduces managed components in the audio path and allows an incredible .7 milliseconds of latency at 96K (with a 32 sample buffer) – allowing you to monitor through mic and preamp emulations while tracking
- Mastering-quality conversion technology incorporating the newest AKM converters, offering a whopping industry-best 124db of dynamic range on all inputs
- XTC satellite-grade clocking technology, utilizing four temperature-compensated crystal oscillators for ultra-stable audio performance
- Built-in monitor switching and headphone amplifiers
- Native MIDI IO, for accurate MIDI timing that doesn’t utilize the USB bus.
- Both Thunderbolt (for Mac) and PCIe (for PC) connectivity for maximum cross-platform compatibility
The Slate Digital ML-2 microphone is a worthy addition to its big brother the ML-1 (the mic featured in the Virtual Microphone System). It features a similar linear and flat frequency response to its larger sibling – only in a small diaphragm size – which allows the mic to be placed in locations difficult or impossible for a larger mic. With the addition of a side-mounted switch that pads the input circuit and repolarizes the capsule to increase headroom, the ML-2 allows you to utilize both dynamic and condenser emulations on instruments like drums without ever having to change a physical microphone position