Lavry Engineering DA11
Features like a USB input, programmable settings, infrared remote capability, and the proprietary Playback Image Control™ make the Lavry Engineering DA11 more than just a great-sounding digital to analog converter; Users of the Lavry Engineering DA11 experience a new dimension of control over their listening experience.
In keeping with the Lavry Engineering tradition of innovation in the pursuit of excellence, the Lavry Engineering DA11 combines customer requested features with a flexible approach to controlling the stereo image. The patented Playback Image Control™ allows the listener to adjust their position within the stereo sound field in a way that is unique to the DA11. Applications include adjusting the stereo width to create a headphone listening experience more like listening in a room with speakers, or moving the “sweet spot” with asymmetrical speaker placement.
The DA11 includes a full complement of USB, XLR, RCA, and optical digital audio inputs to offer flexibility in using computer, network music, or stand-alone CD player sources, as well as studio equipment. Balanced and unbalanced output options are provided for ease in connection to a wide range of Hi-Fi as well as professional audio gear. High-quality XLR to RCA adapters are included for connection to RCA input equipment.
With the addition of infrared remote capability, the DA11 allows the listener to easily control important functions from the listening position with the added benefit of working with most universal remotes. The remote Mute function controls both headphone and main outputs, while a separate main output On/Off setting makes private headphone listening convenient.
Like the highly acclaimed LavryBlack DA10, the Lavry Engineering DA11 offers extreme transparency and musicality in DA conversion with the ability to control speaker volume using digitally controlled ANALOG volume circuitry. This allows the DA11 to be connected directly to a power amp or powered monitors without a preamp for the ultimate in “straight-wire” listening. With unparalleled precision in channel matching throughout the volume range, this feature allows the listener to easily reset the volume to a known level for consistent enjoyment with minimal signal degradation. Like all other programmable settings, the Volume setting is retained in memory when the power is turned “off.”
Lavry Engineering DA11 Key Features
- Ultra low jitter mode to minimize source degradation
- Patented Playback Image Control™
- Accepts input sample rates between 30kHz and 200kHz
- Potentiometer-free digitally controlled analog volume circuitry
- High power discrete headphone output
- XLR, USB, RCA (Coaxial) and Optical (Toslink) digital inputs
- Infrared remote control with user supplied universal remote control
- Power On/Off muting protection on Main and Headphone outputs
- Balanced or unbalanced outputs with Polarity Inversion
- Included XLR to RCA adapters for easy connection to RCA inputs
- Live/Location Sound
- Post Production
- Volume Control Precision:
- Integral linearity (deviation from straight line) – better than 0.1dB
- Differential linearity (step size) – better than 0.08dB
- THD+N at max volume (volume = 56) – typical, 0.0008% FS, maximum 0.0013% FS
- Test conditions: 20Hz – 20KHz, -3dBFS sine wave
- 22-22KHz BW at all possible settings and switch combinations. This also applies to operating the DA11 with the included XLR to RCA adapters.
- Dynamic Range: -112dB typical, -110 dB minimum
- Test conditions: Non-weighted
- Range valid for all possible settings and switch combinations.
- Drive Capability:
- 24dBu Balanced XLR output into 1K ohms at Volume = 56 or lower
- 21dBu Balanced XLR output into 600 ohms at Volume = 53 or lower
- 18dBu Unbalanced XLR output into 600 ohms at Volume = 56 or lower
- 18dBu Headphone into 100 ohms at Volume = 56 or lower *
- 18dBu Headphone into 50 ohms at Volume = 50 or lower *
- Test conditions are input of -3dBFS at 1kHz with a reference of 24dBu @ 1kHz with no weighting applied. Output values are at 0dBFS instead of -3dBFS.
- The Volume setting controls both the rear panel XLR Line and front panel Headphone outputs.
- Line Output – Rear panel balanced XLR. Front panel configurable for unbalanced operation with the included XLR to RCA adapters for connection using “standard” RCA to RCA cables.
- Headphone Output- Front Panel Stereo ¼” Jack (Line output muting via front panel setting).
- PLEASE NOTE: Do not use “earbuds” or any other type of headphones designed for use with portable battery-powered devices such as an MP3 player. The DA11 is not designed to work with this type of headphone. The headphone output is capable of much higher levels than a battery-powered device in order to properly drive typical HiFi headphones. Damage may occur to the portable device headphones if they are connected with the DA11 Volume control set to a higher setting.
- XLR- accepts AES/EBU or SPDIF/ IEC 60958 type II formats with sample frequencies between 32 and 200 kHz
- RCA- accepts AES/EBU or SPDIF/ IEC 60958 type II formats with sample frequencies between 32 and 200 kHz
- Opt- accepts AES/EBU or SPDIF/ IEC 60958 type II formats with sample frequencies between 32 and 96 kHz*
- The optical input is not recommended for inputs with sample frequencies higher than 96 kHz)
- USB- accepts inputs using native OS drivers with sample frequencies between 44.1 and 96 kHz
- Voltage 90-264 VAC, Frequency 40-63Hz,
- Typical Current usage: 0.1A
- Please Note: The DA11 automatically adjusts to AC power inputs in the range of 90 to 264 Volts AC and line frequencies between 47 and 63 Hertz. There are no settings to change.
- Dimensions: 8”w x 1.75”h x 10.75” d (including front panel switches and rear panel connectors)
- Weight: Less than 5lbs, 6 lbs shipping weight
- An optional Rack Mount Kit is available which can be used to mount any combination* of two LavryBlack units in a 1U 19” rack space. Please note that this kit cannot be used to rack mount a single LavryBlack unit in that space.