Source Audio Zio Analog Front End + Boost Pedal
Introducing the New Source Audio ZIO Analog Front End + Boost pedal which comes with four distinct preamp circuits. JFET offers a completely transparent signal boost with zero colouring or distortion. LOW-CUT reduces “tubby” bottom-end for a tighter sound with added headroom. STUDIO finds inspiration from the time-honoured “Pultec Trick,” a studio technique that adds clarity by cutting the “mud frequencies” and adding mid-range articulation. E-PLEX captures the focused and subtle grit of the preamps found in vintage Echoplex Tape Delay units. The ZIO’s TONE toggle offers three different levels of capacitance (or simulated cable length) to brighten or darken the tone.
ZIO is Source Audio’s first all-analog effects pedal and was designed in collaboration with Christopher Venter, the owner and sole engineer at SHOE Pedals.
Features & Specifications:
- Circuit knob with four distinct preamp circuits: JFET (transparent, flat frequency curve), LOW-CUT (cuts lows without affecting mid to high frequencies), STUDIO (replicates “Pultec Trick” equalization), E-PLEX (inspired by the preamp in a vintage Echoplex Tape Delay unit)
- High-quality components and Burr-Brown JFET op-amps
- Output control with up to +20dB of signal boost
- 3-way Tone toggle switch with bright/medium/dark cable capacitance voicing
- 2-way Footswitch Action toggle switch (with always-on “Mute” option)
- Extra Tuner/Line Output
- True Bypass
- Power Consumption: 9V DC center negative @ 20mA
- Brushed anodized aluminium housing