Korg MW-1608 Soundlink Series Hybrid Analogue/Digital Mixer
Designed in collaboration with Greg Mackie and Peter Watts, the Korg SoundLink MW-1608 is a full featured, hybrid analog/digital mini-console for easy creative mixing, well suited for bands, musicians, recording studios, houses of worship, broadcast applications, and more.
The MW-1608 utilizes some advanced designs and features including Peter Watt’s HiVolt microphone preamp, which includes Trident technology and provides a rich warm sound that delivers low noise and high headroom, as well as musical EQs and dynamics. There are four easily programmable and recallable mute groups that allow you to instantly call up different combinations of channels for songs, a solo acoustic number, various groups onstage, a drum solo, and more. There are two more-me musician’s headphone knobs, which utilize a single-knob boost of the complete L/R mix into the musician’s individual track. This affords the mix engineer a simple solution to boosting the monitor signal without having to change the main mix or take up an extra bus.
The MW-1608’s digital side provides quick and easily accessible DSP without frustrating menu diving. Easily assign equalization, limiters, compression, and gating to L/R, Aux1, and Aux2. The tweakable effects are effective without sounding harsh or exaggerated and all parameters are easily recallable. Couple this with an onboard 31-band spectrum analyzer, and a 31-band / 9-band ParaGraphic EQ, and you’ve got a powerhouse of mixing problem solvers wrapped up into a pint-sized package. Furthermore, the mixer features high-quality, proprietary Korg custom and ultra-realistic digital effects. Thoughtfully designed throughout, you’ll find all your standard effects. What’s more, all six reverbs include warm versions for an even bigger pallet.
The rear panel includes eight mono mic/line inputs with XLR or 1/4″ inputs, while the stereo channels include a mono XLR mic input and stereo paired 1/4″ inputs. XLRs are used on the main outputs as well as the aux outputs. Additionally, there are 1/4″ main outs and 1/4″ outs for Aux 3 and 4, as well as group outputs and the monitor output. The Korg SoundLink MW-1608 includes iZotope RX 7 Elements.
- True hybrid design developed with mixer design legends Greg Mackie and Peter Watts
- 16 x 8 x 2: Practical design structure and simple feature set
- Peter Watts designed HiVolt mic preamps, with extremely high headroom
- Musician’s Phones Monitor Section for fast, one-knob boost of a musician’s mix without having to change Aux or Main mix
- Mute Groups to create various input combinations of musicians or parts of a house-of-worship service
- True 8-bus configuration makes SoundLink great for recording as well as live mixing for musicians, different parts of a house-of-worship service, or cues during a theater production
- Peter Watts’ refined, studio-grade, one-knob compressor on all mic channels
- Remarkable feedback control system, all-XLR speaker outputs, 31-band spectrum analyzer, and enhanced break system
- 20 of Korg’s renowned 32-bit digital effects—10 at once with recallable parameters
- Premium components including Velvet Sound A/D and D/A converters and silky-smooth, long-life ALPS faders and rotary controls