Ableton Push 2
Ableton Push and Live work seamlessly together to provide the best of both
worlds: hands-on hardware to make something from scratch, and full-featured
software to fine tune and finish your song.
The new Push now puts even more elements of song creation at your fingertips.
Play and program beats, melodies and harmonies. Use new sampling workflows
to slice samples across the pads, play single hits, or play back timestretched
samples. Quickly browse, preview and load anything from your library of sounds
and instruments. And with smoother, more responsive pads and a multicolor
display that adapts to show exactly what you need, Push now brings a new level
Now designed and engineered entirely by Ableton providing unmatchable
integration and creative expression with Live.
Push and Live work together seamlessly to let you make beats, play notes and
chords, work with samples and develop song structure – all without needing to
look at a computer.
• Browse, preview and load your own sounds for making beats,
• Access Live’s vast library of drums.
• Play beats live with the 64 velocity-sensitive pads and adjust sounds and kits
while you play, using eight touch-sensitive endless encoders.
• 6-pad mode for realtime performance, step sequencing melodies and
automation, and more
Play notes and chords
Push introduced a new performance paradigm, allowing complex chords to be
played easily. Push 2 improves on pad feel and performance, whilst retaining its
intuitive interface. Push’s touch slider can be used for pitch bend or modulation.
Beautiful and playable.
Push is equally at home in the studio or on stage. You can keep your
performances in-the-moment by switching between improvising with loops and
playing drums, notes, and chords – all from the same playing surface.
The multicolor display adapts to show you exactly what you need to keep you in
the creative flow without adding distraction. Push’s new pads have been carefully
redesigned to feel softer, smoother and more responsive – perfect for creating
expressive beats and melodies.
Working with samples
Three superfast sampling workflows:
• Slicing mode: Instantly chop up long samples and play each slice on a
different pad, ideal for rearranging loops on the fly or for creating drum
kits from recorded grooves
• Classic mode: Turn melodic samples into playable pitched instruments,
and you can use the encoders to define start and end points as well as
attack, decay, sustain and release for each
• One Shot mode: Samples play back monophonically and all the way
through, no matter how long you hold the pad – perfect for playing
drumsTransposea playing sample without retriggering it, allowing you to
transform melodic phrases into whole new melodies
Seamless with Live 9.5
Using Push, you can launch clips and scenes, tweak device parameters and
control mixer levels and sends – Live can capture every movement. When
you’re ready, switch from Push to your computer to find your music already
laid out in Live – the software that was powering your work the whole time.
• Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live 9.5
• Play or step sequence beats, notes, chords and automation
• New sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
• Large multicolour display adapts to show what you need
• 64 sensitive and playable backlit pads
• 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments,
and Live browser navigation
• Clip launch mode for live performance and arrangement recording
• Scales mode offers unique approach to playing notes and chords
• Includes Live Intro for new users