The API Model 500VPR is powered externally by a tri-polar power supply (included) and is designed to accept API standard format 5.25″ X 1.5″ modules. The 500VPR is internally wired for PIN 2 hot, and comes with the API L200PS. The input/output jacks are both XLRs. The 500VPR can hold up to ten API modules. API makes several modules to fit this rack, including the 550A, 550B, 560, 525, and 512C. Like all API products, the 500VPR rack enjoys API’s standard 5 year warranty.
- Holds 10 API Standard Format 5.25″ X 1.5″ Modules
- XLR Jacks for Inputs and Outputs
- Pre Wired Rack
- Externally Powered
- 19″ Rack Mount, 3U Tall
- Rugged Chassis
- Perfect for Outboard EQ / Mic Pre Modules
The 500V can be ordered with an optional 48 volt phantom power supply, bussed to pin 15 for the API 512C to access. It must be noted that the older API 560A series equalizers used pin 15 for a “direct output” and must be disabled on the 560A circuit board edge connector by cutting a trace. This will eliminate 48 volts from damaging the 560A series equalizers.
API makes several modules to fit this rack, including the 550B, 560, 525, and 512C. These modules are designed to help expand existing limited input console configurations, allowing a facility an option to a larger console.
- Multitrack Recording of Acoustic and Electronic Audio Sources.
- Sound Reinforcement Systems and Recording Live to Multitrack formats.
- Multiple facility projects where portability is a concern.
- Broadcast and Audio for Video Production.
- Custom Channel Input Strips.
- ADAT Type Portable Recording Setups.