A tremendous amount of attention has been put into ensuring that performance matches that of the original speakers. CLA10 is made from MDF with a real wood veneer. We changed the rear terminal plate to use a better grade of connector. The crossover network uses the same value capacitors – just a better grade of material and rating. The inductors exactly match the original in dc resistance, winding dimensions and value.
“I put my mixing reputation on these great speakers and I am mixing on them as I write this”
– Chris Lord Alge
World Renowned Mixing Engineer
The AV10-MHF tweeter dome went through a difficult engineering process to get the exact phenolic resin doping to match the original performance curve. We do this in-house to ensure and exact match with every lot. The AV10-MLF woofer uses custom tooled mechanical parts that recreate the original. The AV10-MLF woofer cone is made to match the original. One of the original vendors is our supplier and we worked closely with them to get the same stiffness and weight. The main difference is we chose to go with a pressed cone as opposed to a lapped. This allows tighter control over stiffness and weight. All of our testing revealed no tonal difference or response between ours and the original. This has the added benefit of being the first time matched pairs are truly available.
- System Type: Passive – full-range two-way stereo pair
- Frequency Response: 60Hz-20,000Hz (Accessible musical range)
- Power Capacity: Program – 60W, Maximum – 120W
- Sensitivity: 90dB SPL (1W, 1m on axis)
- Low Frequency: AV10-MLF 18cm cone
- High Frequency: AV10-MHF 3.5cm soft dome
- Cabinet: 10.4 liter sealed design, 18mm MDF with real wood veneer
- Cabinet Dimensions: 381.5mm x 215mm x197.5mm ( 15”x 8 ½”x 7- ¾ ” )
- Cabinet Weight: 6.3kg / 13.9 Lbs (each)
- Warranty: 5 Year Limited Warranty to original purchaser