The AKG C 414 XLS condenser microphone offers 9 pickup patterns for you to choose the perfect setting for every application. For live-sound applications and permanent installations, all of the AKG C 414 mic’s controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use. A Peak Hold LED displays even shortest overload peaks.
It’s predecessor, AKG’s legendary C 414 needs no introduction—it is an audio tool found in most recording studios and has been used on thousands of hit records. It’s been on stage with artists of every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over. The AKG C 414 XLS microphone has been created to be just as popular.
The AKG C 414 XLS maintains the sonic character of the legendary AKG C 414 B-ULS, the longest-lived AKG C 414 model. Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound, it has been one of the most universal and versatile large diaphragm microphone for decades. Widely used for accurate, beautifully detailed pickup of any acoustic instrument the new AKG C 414 XLS microphone combines proven reference quality, leading-edge technology, and state-of-the-art components.
AKG delivers the C 414 XLS microphone complete with carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount.
For over 60 years, leading musicians and engineers have used legendary AKG microphones to capture their sound so their audience hears every nuance. The C 414 family has been one of the world’s most widely-used and respected studio and stage microphones in audio history. AKG has continually set new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications, and ease of use to answer requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and audio engineers.
- omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight, and 4 intermediate settings
- Frequency range: 20 to 20, 000Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34dB V) ±0.5dB
- Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158dB (0/-6/-12/-18dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 6dB -A (0dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio: 88dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0dB, -6dB , -12dB , -18dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12dB /octave at 40Hz and 80Hz; 6dB /octave at 160Hz
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Supply voltage: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Powering: approximately 4 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Dimensions: 50mm x 38mm x 160mm (2.0″ x 1.5″ x 6.3″)
- Net weight: 300g (10.6 oz.)