AEA R84 SLE Microphone
R84 Silver Limited Edition
To commemorate 25 years of selling ribbon microphones, Audio Engineering Associates has created the R84 Silver Limited Edition (SLE). Two years ago we made a chrome R84 to display at trade shows. Due to popular demand, we’ve decided to create a limited edition run of in honor of twenty-five years of serving the ribbon microphone market. The R84 SLE is limited to a run of only 125 units.
Order yours today, before they’re sold out!!!
AEA R84 Studio Ribbon Microphone
- Pure natural sound, just as you hear it when you’re placing your mic in the studio.
- Quick smooth transients that capture the feeling of being there without sounding like a recording.
- Extended bass and treble that captures the details without shoving anything in your face.
- A figure-eight pattern that focuses your recording on the sound you want.
We believe you will enjoy the confidence this mic inspires. It’s a forgiving tool that makes your recording work easier, as it literally sounds good on everything. Try it first and you’ll usually like it and find it sits well in the mix. When time is scarce and quality necessary, put the R84 to the test. Our users’ experience is that you’ll use it more and more (in pairs too!). Then it will start to really grow on you.
- Reliable ribbon mic with wide dynamic range
- Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG), 2.35″ by 0.185″ by 2 micron pure aluminum low-tension ribbon
- Able to handle better than 165dB SPL at higher frequencies
- Figure-8 pattern for duo recording convenience
- Includes shockmount, 10″ cable and sturdy foam-lined carrying case
|Max SPL||165 dB SPL|
|Output Impedance||270 ohms|
|Ribbon||Aluminum, 1.8 microns Thick, 4.7mm x 59.7mm|
|Manufacturer Part Number||R84SLE|