Aphex In 2 | Audio Interface
Aphex is well known for making high quality, professional audio products. For many years the audio community has requested that Aphex release a computer audio interface product. Aphex answers the call with the new IN2, an all-in-one integrated recording solution.
- 2 Aphex Class A microphone preamps
- Aphex optical compressors built-in
- High-output headphone amp built-in
- 24-bit/192kHz A/D & D/A
The IN2 was conceived with the Project Studio in mind. It was designed to be a USB audio interface that provides integrated solutions. The Class A mic preamps provide plenty of clean gain for any microphone type and the optical compressors keep your dynamic range under control. The headphone amp is very loud and very clear and inspires better performances. There are no menus to scroll through. IN2 was designed with ease of use in mind, so all dedicated function buttons are located right on the front panel. No breakout cables are used. All of the inputs and outputs are built right in to the device. In fact, with all of this built-in processing power, there’s no need to buy or carry expensive (and extensive) outboard gear.
Using a 12V external power supply, rather than 5V USB bus power allows us to use these high performance Aphex technologies.
The S/PDIF input allows you to expand your inputs by connecting an outboard preamp or other digital sound source. Meanwhile, the S/PDIF output can be used to connect to an Aphex HeadPod4 should more headphone outputs be required.
MIDI I/O is also included for connecting legacy keyboard controllers, MIDI Time Code (MTC) or MIDI Clock.
Recording Software Included:
- Reaper Digital Audio Workstation software
- Harrison Mixbus Digital Audio Workstation with “True Analog Mixing”
- Two Aphex class A microphone preamps
- Multi-colored LEDs to show input level and peak
- Two Aphex optical compressors with LED indicators
- High performance headphone amplifier
- Front panel 1/4” headphone output
- High quality 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A
- XLR microphone inputs
- Front panel instrument inputs
- Dedicated buttons for 48V, 75Hz HPF, -20dB pad and Compressor on/off per channel
- Balanced 1/4” TRS stereo outputs
- Output level knob with Dim and Mono buttons
- S/PDIF Coaxial I/O
- MIDI I/O
[button link=”http://www.aphex.com/products/in2/” style=”info”]get more info here[/button]